Saturday, October 9, 2010

Opening Cupcakes

Yesterday was the San Jose Sharks season opener - the beginning of a hockey season which will hopefully last to the end of May or June. To celebrate this important occasion, I made Sharks cupcakes. When I say Sharks cupcakes I really mean there were sharks on the cupcakes. No half-hearted aqua and black sprinkles here, we went all out.
Unfortunately this meant I was still making cupcakes when the game started so I moved my work-station to the table where I could watch and frost. The sharkheads had a little more difficulty than the penguins staying on the cupcakes, but they came out looking just as great. I finished them just as the third period started and we ate them while cheering for the Sharks as they battled the Blue Jackets in Stockholm, Sweden. In the end, my amazing cupcakes carried the Sharks to a 3-2 victory and a great start to the season. Go Sharks!


No comments:

Post a Comment